Is it time to paint your home? Is your home’s exterior peeling, fading, or looking a little dull? It might be time for an exterior house painting project.
Whether you want to update your design or you need to cover up the peeling paint, a fresh coat of exterior paint on your North Atlanta home can make all the difference in the world.
You might think that exterior house painting is a DIY job. After all, you can paint your kitchen, living room, or bathroom without too much trouble. So how hard could it be?
In reality, exterior house painting can be a nightmare if you don’t know what you are doing. If you want to save time, trouble, and money, hiring a local painting company you trust is the best decision you can make.
Still want to do it on your own? Here are the DIY steps you need to take.
Exterior House Painting: Step-By-Step
- Clean your walls thoroughly. Ideally, you should use a pressure washer and some form of exterior cleaner. Mother Nature has a way of making just about anything new look old and dirty within a matter of weeks. It’s important to get all of the grime and dirt off of your home before painting.
- Remove old, faded, worn, or chipped paint. Just like when you paint furniture, you need to prepare the surface of your home for new paint. This can be a big job if your home is in a general state of disrepair.
- Repair surfaces that might have been damaged by Mother Nature or your cleaning. From missing siding to chipped bricks, fix anything and everything you can before painting.
- Cover everything you don’t want to be painted. Unless you want your exterior lights to match your new wall color, cover them with bags and plastic.
- Use a primer before you begin painting. Exterior walls need a primer; there’s no getting around it.
- Once you’ve primed it’s time for painting house exterior! Just remember, if you ever need help, call one of the great painting companies near you.
So, Is DIY Exterior House Painting Worth It?
Undertaking a DIY exterior house painting project might seem tempting, but the advantages of hiring a professional painter can’t be overstated.
From surface preparation expertise to more skillful application techniques, professional painters not only save you time and trouble but also ensure a high-quality, lasting finish that enhances your home’s appearance and value.
Avoid the potential pitfalls of DIY endeavors and opt for the assurance and expertise offered by Kimberly Painting for an impeccable and stress-free painting experience.